Lazarus 1.8 fixes branch
This page contains the revisions to be merged from trunk to the Lazarus 1.8 fixes branch.
This are only fixes made after the branch was created. For other fixes made since the previous release (1.6) see SVN and Lazarus 1.6 fixes branch
Release notes can be found here
- 1 Fixes for 1.8.0 RC1
- 2 Roadmap to 1.8.0
- 3 How to merge
- 4 Other branches
Fixes for 1.8.0 RC1
Submitted by developer / committer and waiting for testing (do not commit yet)
- r54697 Gtk2: fixed triggering selection change in TCheckListBox. Issue #0031697
- r54722 lcl: forms: don't check for old value in UpdateShowInTaskBar. Issue #31248, patch by Michl
- r54732 lcl: grids: fix endless loop "paint->update scrollbars->paint". Issue #31518
- r54733 lcl: grids: don't invalidate grid when changing bounds if not necessary. Issue #31518
Submitted by developer / committer
Submitted by others
Merged revisions for 1.8.0
- r54585 Qt,Qt5: do not process events after modal form is hidden, otherwise we can have av if formclose contain caFree.
- r54586 Qt: simplified code.
- r54589 Qt,Qt5: do not eat cpu with gtk theme. Issue #31191
- r54593 Qt,Qt5: do not disable DT_WORDBREAK if we are using DT_CALCRECT, otherwise we'll have wrong calculation in combination with DT_NOCLIP.
- r54599 Qt,Qt5: fixed potential memleak with TQtWSDragImageList when bitmap handle is null.
- r54594 LazControls: Apply filter also at start in ListFilterEdit and ListviewFilterEdit. Issue #31632.
- r54597 LazControls: Apply filter also at start in TreeFilterEdit. Issue #31632.
- r54600 LCL-Win32: Fix range error in ComboBoxWindowProc. Use SetWindowLong from LCLIntf. Issue #31635.
- r54596 translations: German: updates from Swen Heinig
- r54624 LCL: TGroupBox: Win32: Fix for doubled caption. Issue #31670.
- r54618 Lazreport: fix column number Issue #31544.
- r54619 LazReport: fix export from LazReport to pdf (fclpdf), from Aleksey Lagunov Issue #31659
- r54633 GTK2, GTK3: In DrawText support prefixed UTF-8 codepoints. Issue #31674.
- r54627, r54656, r54657 LCL: TSpinEdit: Win32: Fixed Z-order problem with TSpinEdit. Issue #27862
- r54648 IDE images: new images menu_view_components, menu_view_inspector, menu_view_messages, menu_view_search_results. Designed by FTurtle, Issue #31625
- r54654 Qt, Qt5: fixed av because parent can be nil. Issue #31684
- r54694 Qt, Qt5: fixed selection with TListView. Issue #0031595
- r54696 Qt, Qt5: fixed triggering of selection change in TCheckListBox. Issue #0031697
- r54651 DateTimePicker - OnChange fires twice Issue #0031679
- r54655 Gtk3: removed gdk_pixbuf_gettext which does not exist in gdk-pixbuf. Issue #31677
- r54698 TAChart: Change default value of TFitSeries.Pointer.Visible to false for backward-compatibility
- r54707 Qt, Qt5: trigger OnSelectionChanged for first click. Part of Issue #0031697
- r54710 Qt, Qt5: fixed wrong key release event after pressing ENTER in combobox dropdown list. Issue #0031574
Roadmap to 1.8.0
The release process will consist of the following steps.
- Creation of the SVN 1.8 fixes branch. (ToDo 8 Apr 2017)
This is the start of the stabilization process before a new Lazarus release.
- Release of 1.8.0 RC 1 (ToDo)
This will be the first Release Candidate. We would like to urge all users to test this version. The testing period is scheduled to last 2 weeks.
- Release of 1.8.0 RC 2 (ToDo)
The testing period is scheduled to last 2 weeks.
- Release of 1.8.0 RC 3 (maybe)
The testing period is scheduled to last 2 weeks.
- Release of Lazarus 1.8 (ToDo)
Users can download the new stable version.
- Menu item exists
- Clear pcp directory and start IDE, a new project application with a form should be visible
- Double click on form - a FormCreate event should be created
- Check View / IDE internals / What needs building - no package should need building, only the project
- Restart the IDE - there should be no warning about upgrading
- Install the package cody, after restart the component palette should show the component TCodyTreeView
- Set version in fixes_1_8 branch
- open lazarus/lazarus.lpi in the IDE and change the version numbers in the project options dialog 18.104.22.168 for RC1, 22.214.171.124 for RC2, 126.96.36.199 for RC3, 188.8.131.52 for final
- lazarus/ide/version.inc 1.8.0RC1 for RC1, no spaces! (1.8.0 for final release)
- lazarus/lcl/lclversion.pas 184.108.40.206 for RC1, 220.127.116.11 for RC2, ... 18.104.22.168 for final
- lazarus/debian/changelog 1.8.0-1 for RC1, 1.8.0-2 for RC2, ... 1.8.0-4 for final
- CFBundleShortVersionString "1.8.0"
- CFBundleVersion 1 for RC1, 2 for RC2, 3 for RC3, 4 for final release
- tools/install/linux/environmentoptions.xml same as version.inc
- tools/install/win/environmentoptions.xml same as version.inc
- tools/install/macos/environmentoptions.xml same as version.inc
- check if lpl files needs updating by running ./tools/lplupdate -c
- run ./tools/updatemakefiles
- Tag fixes_1_8 branch to tags/release_1_8_0_RC1 (or tags/lazarus_1_8_0 for final release)
svn copy svn+ssh://svn.freepascal.org/FPC/svn/lazarus/branches/fixes_1_8 svn+ssh://svn.freepascal.org/FPC/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_1_8_0_RC1 -m 'tagged 1.8.0RC1 as tags/lazarus_1_8_0_RC1'
- Set version to next version in svn