Lazarus 2.2.0 release notes
Lazarus 2.2.0 is not yet released. This page is under construction!
- commits: xxx
- log: svn log -r xxxx:xxxx
- resolved bug tracker issues: xxx
- 1 LCL Interfaces Changes
- 2 LCL Changes
- 3 IDE Changes
- 4 IDE Interface Changes
- 5 Components
- 6 Changes affecting compatibility
- 7 Previous release notes
LCL Interfaces Changes
TLazIntfImage.Create with size and description flags need no CreateData anymore
- Old: After creating of a TLazIntfImage with size and flags CreateData has to be called
- New: Creating of a TLazIntfImage with size and flags internal calls CreateData
- Reason: Simplify, see Issue #35035
- Added IDE macro $(OutputFile) for the outputfile of the project. This usually corresponds to $(TargetFile), except when having a host application, in which case $(TargetFile) is the host application, while $(OutputFile) is the project executable (or library).
- Codetools support for anonymous functions
- "Close tabs to the right" in Source-Notebook
IDE Interface Changes
- New button to minimize a docked site.
- New IDE addon, showing a search list of all IDE commands.
- New property "AllowPanning" to turn built-in panning on/off.
- Property editor for TSeriesPointerStyle.
- Impoved painting of 3D pie series due to new properties: "DepthBrightnessDelta" allowing to darken or brighten the sides of the pie slices, "Orientation" and "ViewAngle" for different views of the series
- New property "InnerRadiusPercent" allowing to draw a ring chart.
- New property "MarkPositionCentered" for attaching data point labels to the pie center instead of the pie perimeter.
- New property "StartAngle" to define the position of the first pie slice.
Changes affecting compatibility
TMaskEdit: hexadecimal and binary characters
Mask support for hexadecimal and binary characters was added (this is a Lazarus extension, Delphi does not support this).
- Old behavior: the characters 'h', 'H', 'b' and 'B' had no special meaning in the EditMask property
- New behavior: these characters now are mask characters for hexadecimal and binary input respectively.
- Reason: nice to have feature (QT5 supports it natively).
- Remedy: if you need one of these characters as a literal in your EditMask: escape them with a '\'.
TAChart: Chart.AllowZoom changed
The property AllowZoom of TChart is meant to give the user the chance to turn the builtin zooming feature on or off.
- Old behavior: AllowZoom operates also on an external toolset.
- New behavior: AllowZoom is effective only for the built-in toolset.
- Reason: More consistent handling of properties
- Remedy: Use the property Enabled of the external zoom tool to switch zooming off, or don't add a zoom tool at all.
VirtualTreeViews: Renamed to "laz." prefix
VirtualTreeViews is essentially needed by OnlinePackageManager. Having this original package within the Lazarus installation makes is impossible for users to install a different version of this package.
- Old behavior: Projects with VirtualTreeViews required the "virtualtreeview_package" and had the unit "virtualtrees" in the uses clause. The registered component classes were named "TVirtualStringTree", "TVirtualDrawTree", "TVTHeaderPopup".
- New behavior: The package was renamed to "laz.virtualtreeview_package". All file names were changed to have a "laz." prefix, i.e. the uses clause will have to contain "laz.virtualtrees". The registered components are named "TLazVirtualStringTree", "TLazVirtualDrawTree", and "TLazVTHeaderPopup".
- Reason: Avoid naming conflicts when another version of VirtualTreeViews is installed
- Remedy: For existing projects requiring the VirtualTreeViews distributed with Lazarus,
- open the lfm file in an external editor and replace "TVirtualStringTree" by "TLazVirtualStringTree", as well as - if available - "TVirtualDrawTree" by "TLazVirtualDrawTree" and "TVTHeaderPopup" by "TLazVTHeaderPopup".
- open the project in the IDE, remove package "VirtualTreeView_package" from the project requirements and replace it by "laz.virtualtreeview_package"
- in the pas file's "uses" clause, replace "virtualtrees" by "laz.virtualtrees"
- in the pas file replace "TVirtualStringTree" by "TLazVirtualStringTree" (and accordingly for the other VTV components).