Lazarus 2.2.0 release notes
Lazarus 2.2.0 is not yet released. This page is under construction!
- commits: xxx
- log: svn log -r xxxx:xxxx
- resolved bug tracker issues: xxx
- 1 LCL Interfaces Changes
- 2 LCL Changes
- 3 IDE Changes
- 4 IDE Interface Changes
- 5 Components
- 6 Changes affecting compatibility
- 7 Previous release notes
LCL Interfaces Changes
- Added IDE macro $(OutputFile) for the outputfile of the project. This usually corresponds to $(TargetFile), except when having a host application, in which case $(TargetFile) is the host application, while $(OutputFile) is the project executable (or library).
- Codetools support for anonymous functions
- "Close tabs to the right" in Source-Notebook
IDE Interface Changes
- Spotter: New IDE addon, showing a search list of all IDE commands.
- TAChart: New property "AllowPanning" to turn built-in panning on/off.
- TAChart: Property editor for TSeriesPointerStyle.
- AnchorDocking: New button to minimize a docked site.
Changes affecting compatibility
TMaskEdit: hexadecimal and binary characters
Mask support for hexadecimal and binary characters was added (this is a Lazarus extension, Delphi does not support this).
- Old behavior: the characters 'h', 'H', 'b' and 'B' had no special meaning in the EditMask property
- New behavior: these characters now are mask characters for hexadecimal and binary input respectively.
- Reason: nice to have feature (QT5 supports it natively).
- Remedy: if you need one of these characters as a literal in your EditMask: escape them with a '\'.
TAChart: Chart.AllowZoom changed
The property AllowZoom of TChart is meant to give the user the chance to turn the builtin zooming feature on or off.
- Old behavior: AllowZoom operates also on an external toolset.
- New behavior: AllowZoom is effective only for the built-in toolset.
- Reason: More consistent handling of properties
- Remedy: Use the property Enabled of the external zoom tool to switch zooming off, or don't add a zoom tool at all.