Pascal and Lazarus Books and Magazines
From Free Pascal wiki
- 1 Books about Free Pascal
- 2 Books about Lazarus
- 3 Books about Pascal (or SQL) that are helpful, though not dealing specifically with Free Pascal or Lazarus
- 4 Periodicals which publish content about Free Pascal and Lazarus
- 5 Periodic Magazines which publish content about other Pascal variants
- 6 Scientific journals, which publish articles on Pascal, Free Pascal or Lazarus
- 7 External Links
- 8 See also
Books about Free Pascal
- Michaël van Canneyt: Free Pascal 2, CUL 2012, Paperback, ISBN 9783936546729 - The official Free Pascal book in German.
- Start Programming using Object Pascal Language - Free book in English by forum member motaz. Covers both Free Pascal and Lazarus
- Modern Object Pascal Introduction for Programmers - as PDF or HTML.
Books about Lazarus
- Lazarus - The Complete Guide by M. van Canneyt, M. Gärtner, S. Heinig, F. Monteiro de Cavalho, I. Ouedraogo: Blaise Pascal Magazine 2011, Paperback, ISBN 9789490968021- The official Lazarus Book in English.
- Lazarus - Klassenbibliothek und IDE by M. van Canneyt, M. Gärtner, S. Heinig, F. Monteiro de Cavalho, I. Ouedraogo: , CUL 2011, Paperback, ISBN 9783936546637 - The official Lazarus Book in German.
- Desenvolvendo Aplicativos com Lazarus - In Portuguese
- Iniciar com Lazarus e Free Pascal - In Portuguese May 2015
- Iniciar con Lazarus y Free Pascal - In Spanish May 2015
- Programando com o Lazarus - In Portuguese
- Lazarus Free Pascal - Développement rapide - In French
- Start Programming using Object Pascal Language - A free book in English by forum member motaz. Covers both Free Pascal and Lazarus.
- Learn to Program using Lazarus by Howard Page-Clark, published by Stichting Programmeertaal Pascal / Pro Pascal Foundation. Publisher's info - A tutorial approach, written in English. Available as print and PDF.
- Getting Started with Lazarus IDE by Roderick Person
- Getting Started with Lazarus and Free Pascal by Menkaura Abiola-Ellison, Paperback and ebook 2015, Includes chapters on Web Dev, DB using SQL, 2D & 3D Graphics, Debugging and more...
- Professionelles Programmieren von Anfang an: Mit Free Pascal und der freien Entwicklungsumgebung Lazarus by Wilfried Koch, July 2016, in German
- FreePascal from SquareOne by Jeff Duntemann
Books about Pascal (or SQL) that are helpful, though not dealing specifically with Free Pascal or Lazarus
These books do not cover Lazarus or FreePascal specifically but can still be very useful.
- Essential Pascal - Introduction to Pascal. Written originally in English but now translated into many languages.
- Object Pascal Handbook - A new book by Marco Cantù, to be published Early 2015.
- Essential Delphi - Delphi and Lazarus share many concepts and this book can help you understand Lazarus as well (file no longer available from original site www.marcocantu.com).
- Essential SQL - Useful if you use a SQL-based RDBMS such as Firebird, Interbase, PostgreSQL with FPC/Lazarus
- Computer Math and Games in Pascal by David Dirkse.
- Getting Started with Firebird SQL Database by Menkaura Abiola-Ellison (2019)
Periodicals which publish content about Free Pascal and Lazarus
- Blaise Pascal Magazine - A bi-monthly magazine dedicated to all types of Pascal programming, including Lazarus/Free Pascal, Delphi. Offers English, Dutch and Russian editions.
- Clube Delphi - From Brazil in Portuguese. Mostly dedicated to Delphi, but also publishes Free Pascal/Lazarus material regularly.
- Pascal Gamer Magazine - a free, online, downloadable (PDF) publication devoted to game development in Pascal
- Delphi Gamer Magazine - an English language publication about making games with Object Pascal
Periodic Magazines which publish content about other Pascal variants
- Entwickler Magazin A German magzine on software development that occasionally includes article on Delphi.
Scientific journals, which publish articles on Pascal, Free Pascal or Lazarus
- Olympiads in Informatics. A refereed scholarly journal that is focused on research and practice of professionals who work in the field of teaching and learning informatics. ISSN 1822-7732