"RichView is a suite of native Delphi/C++Builder components for displaying, editing (not demonstrated by demo/not in freeware version*) and printing hypertext documents. Components support various character attributes (fonts, subscripts/superscripts, colored text background, custom drawn)." This package contains a port of the freeware version.
* Shareware version (as stated in lazrichview-0.5.2.2 demo project) The development of freeware version was stopped in 1999. This update was made for Delphi 5 and C++Builder 5 compatibility. Newer (shareware) version includes editor, data-aware versions, component for print preview, works with Unicode, supports HTML-style tables. Contents can have much more complicated formatting - left, center, right and justify alignments, subscripts/superscripts, paragraph backgrounds and more. Literally all actions of free version are performed in much faster and convenient way with shareware version. Please visit www.trichview.com for additional information.
- Author: Sergey Tkachenko, http://www.trichview.com
- LCL Port: Paul Burton
- LCL Additional Portability and Fixes: Jesus Reyes A.
- Improvements and fixes: Sergey Bodrov
Freeware (see originalreadme.txt).
Version 0.5.3: GitHub
Version 0.5.2.2: SourceForge
A couple of screenshots of the demo application running under Windows.
Controls can be embedded in Richview
- 30.12.05 (0.5.2.0) First Release
- 19.01.06 (0.5.2.1) Improved compilation with lazarus and packaging
- 08.09.06 (0.5.2.2) Fixes and Portability (now it works in Windows and Linux) plus demo, for details see readme.txt
- 01.06.17 (0.5.3) Fixes and performance improvements
Installation is the same as for other components:
- Create a directory to store the files, e.g. lazarus\components\richview
- Unzip the files from the zip file in this directory
- Open Lazarus
- Open lazrichview.lpk with Component/Open package file (.lpk)
- (Click on Compile only if you don't want to install the component into the IDE)
- Click on Install
If you have trouble with installing, before compiling: in Compiler Options->Paths->Include Files, put only "$(LazarusDir)/lcl/" and delete everything else.