TScrollingText is a visual component for Lazarus/fpc by firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a graphic panel that will display text that scrolls upwards. The effect is like the Lazarus Help/'About Lazarus' dialog Contributors tab. It is an encapsulation and addition to the IDE code in AboutFrm.pas to make a visual drop-in component.
- Make a new folder 'scrolltext' in lazarus/components
- Download the latest version from the ccr
- Or install from Online Package Manager
- In Lazarus open the file 'scrolltext.lpk' as a package project
- Click 'Compile' then 'Use/Install'
- If asked 'do you want to recompile the IDE?' then click 'Yes'
After the compilation, the ScrollingText component will be on the 'Additional' component palette.
Drop a ScrollingText onto a form and set the properties as required If you want the text to come from an external text file (UseTextFile=TRUE) then name the file 'scrolling.txt' and deploy it in the same folder as the executable.
You can set Active=True when designing to see the scrolling text but remember than any http:// links are only clickable in runtime mode
Download from the lazarus CCR here
Current version is 126.96.36.199.
Modified GPL License (see source code).
Tested with Lazarus 1.x fpc 2.6x Windows 64-bit
- If when you click Lazarus Help/'About Lazaus' Contributors tab, you can see a scrolling screen, then this component is compatible with your IDE
Note the GPL license conditions