From Free Pascal wiki
There are various different meanings of the term "packages" in the combined FPC/Lazarus projects:
- A page that collects info about Library Packages, a study what it would take to make .BPL like packages in FPC.
- Lazarus Packages is a page about the Lazarus concept of packages.
- Package List is a master index page that lists packages in the FPC packages/ directory.
- Fpcmake contains info about the older (but still used) Makefile.fpc Free Pascal packaging system.
- FPMake and fppkg contain info about the newer Free Pascal packaging system based on fpmake.pp.