From Free Pascal wiki
- InstallBuilder is a fully-featured, cross-platform installation tool.
- It is a commercial application, but a free open source license is available via an application page: http://installbuilder.bitrock.com/open-source-licenses.html
- It is NOT based on java nor any pre-existing architecture on the user's machine.
- BitRock installers are native binaries that can run on Windows, OS X and Linux and most other flavors of Unix, including FreeBSD, OpenBSD, AIX, OS/400, HP-UX and IRIX.
- In addition to creating native executables that can register with the RPM subsystem, BitRock InstallBuilder can generate self-contained RPM and Debian packages that can be installed using the native package management tools.
- BitRock installers by default perform a backup of all the files overwritten during installation, so if there is an error, the system can be recovered to its previous state.
- BitRock installers can register your software with the RPM and DEB package databases, combining the ease of use of an installer wizard with the underlying native package management system.
- BitRock installers support a variety of installation languages, including English, German, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Dutch, Polish, Valencian, Catalan, Estonian, Slovenian, Romanian, Hungarian, Russian and Welsh. Installers in Qt mode support right to left languages such as Arabic.
- A full list of features is available here: http://installbuilder.bitrock.com/docs/installbuilder-userguide.html#_installation_and_getting_started
- From the BitRock website: http://installbuilder.bitrock.com/