FPC New Features 3.2.2
About this page
FPC 3.2.2 has been released on XXX, 2021.
Below you can find a list of new features introduced since the previous release, along with some background information and examples.
A list of changes that may break existing code can be found at User Changes 3.2.2.
New compiler targets
Support for macOS/AArch64
- Overview: The compiler can now target macOS running on AArch64
- Notes: The Darwin/AArch64 target corresponds to macOS/AArch64. Generating code for iOS/AArch64 requires a different command line parameter compared to previous versions.
- More information: Build instructions
- svn: 45762
Record methods assigned to method variables
- Overview: ?
- Example: https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/tests/tbs/tb0681.pp
- svn: 47794
MySQL 8.0 support
- Overview: Support for MySQL 8.0 has been implemented.
- svn: 48692
Naming of Threads
- Overview: TThread.NameThreadForDebugging has been implemented.
- Notes: Delphi compatible, currently implemented for Windows, Linux and Android. Read documentation as every platform has its own restrictions.
- svn: 45160, 45206, 45233