Road To 1.0/fr
This document helps the Lazarus team to focus on a 1.0 release in the near future.
The work to be done is divided into 4 targets:
- things to be done before the next release (0.9.24): regressions, some steps towards 1.0, bug fixes
- things to be done before the 1.0 release: make Lazarus ready for a 1.0 release
- things to be done before the 1.2 release: stabilizing the gtk2 interface, so that it can replace the gtk1 interface
- things to be done after the 1.2 release: less important bugs, support for new widgetsets and new features
Setting the target of a bugfix
When new bugs are entered, we try to give them a target in which version the bug will be fixed. If a bug is set to post 1.2, that means the developers think this bug is not important enough to block a 1.0 release. In order to have a 1.0 sooner rather than later, developers will leave those bugs for later. Of course you can make sure these post 1.2 issues are fixed in the 1.0 release by providing patches for these issues.
Some criteria are:
- Only gtk1 and win32 widget sets are stable in 1.0. Bugs for gtk2 are set to 1.2. Bugs for other widget set (qt, carbon) are set to post 1.2.
- Until the 1.0 there will be a feature freeze. New features and components generally get a post 1.2 target. Bugs affecting stability have a higher priority than bugs fixing the implementation of a property.
- Some components are not stable enough and should be disabled for 1.0. If they are disabled, then fixing them before 1.0 will not be necessary.
Work to be done
Next release (0.9.24)
For more details, see Detailed Lazarus 0.9.24 todo.
|1.0.0||Vincent||Find out, if Lazarus configuation files can be stored in the profile directory under windows|
|1.0.0||Vincent||Find out, what needs to be done to make it possible to install Lazarus in c:\Program Files\Lazarus (note space in path).|
|1.0.0||Mattias||gtk2 TSpeedButton mouse enter/leave on TPageControl|
|1.0.0||Mattias||gtk2 fix warnings about TListBox event for items|
|1.0.0||Mattias||lazdoc: inherited properties/methods|
|1.0.0||various||Help for common IDE items (see IDE Documentation Roadmap)|
|1.0.0||Marc||Using icons to set form and application icon.|
|1.0.0||Marc||Using imagelist for listview images|
|1.0.0||Tombo||Icon editor (see Icon Editor Roadmap)|
|1.0.0||various||Webbugs to be fixed before the 1.0 release: target 1.0 bugs|
|1.0.0||-||more LCL Documentation (see LCL Documentation Roadmap)|
|1.0.0||Marc||fix debugging in windows and linux|
|1.0.0||-||add framework for easily using resourcestrings and translations in applications. Mattias started this already. It works more or less for custom packages, but not yet for the auto-install packages like the LCL.|
|1.0.0||Mattias||gtk2 interface: recognize and translate dead keys|
After the 1.0 release
|post 1.0||-||Webbugs to be fixed after the 1.0 release: target post 1.2 bugs|
|post 1.0||Mattias||IDE Feature: Improve TDataModule, so that its components can be used in other forms/datamodules at design time|
|post 1.0||Mattias||IDE Feature: Visual Form inheritance|
|post 1.0||Mattias||IDE Feature: lazdoc for translations|