Debugging - GDB tricks
From Free Pascal wiki
- Some pascal specific patches were excepted; so if possible set language to pascal "set language pascal"
- To get help, use "help <command>" or "help" to see a category list.
- To view datastructures raw, use the "x" command (see "help x")
Examining Type Info
- Q: What function should I use for dumping the type info?
- A: Run x/100c in gdb until it frames. then use 'frame <framenr>' to jump to the correct frame
Inspecting an ansistring
- Q: How do I examine an ansistring?
- A: "x/s <stringname>"