How do I create a bug report/ja
You found a bug in Lazarus and you want to report it to the developers. This page tells you how to do that.
Lazarus code compilation errors
If you have errors when compiling code from latest SVN revision, please contact the Mailing list or better join #lazarus-ide IRC channel on irc.freenode.net. Then the problem should be solved more promptly.
Check if the bug is not already reported
- Use search field in View Issues. Hint: The searching is quite dummy, if you e.g. have problem with using TEdit.SelStart, try to search for "SelStart".
If the same issue is already reported:
- reopen it, if the bug report has been resolved or closed - use Reopen Issue button
- add a note, if you have reproduce this bug in different situation than reported
- you can set to monitor changes in this bug report - use Monitor Issue button
Note: you need to be logged to perform these operations, see section #Logging/Creating new account.
Enter the bug in the Lazarus Bug Tracker
- Go to the Lazarus bug tracker
- You need to be logged, see section #Logging/Creating new account
- Go to the Report Issue page. Fill in as much as you can and know. The more specific, the better.
- Important fields are the OS and Product fields and the steps to reproduce this issue. If an issue cannot be reproduced by the developers, they cannot start to fix it! Do not forget to mention, if you are using some exotic PC architecture (big endian or 64-bit).
- It is often useful to upload a small test application that shows the bug, and this speeds up correcting it.
- If there is some graphical error, it is useful to upload a (partial) screenshot (in png or jpeg, not bmp format).
- If it is a crash, try to create a backtrace. See Creating a Backtrace with GDB for more info.
- You can try to reproduce the bug on as many different platforms as you can - it helps to determinate if it is widget specific issue.
- You can boost fixing the bug by submitting a bounty, see Bounties.
Logging/Creating new account
You need to be logged in to edit or submit bug reports. If you are logged in as guest, you need to log out first (Guests cannot make reports, only watch them). If you already have an account go to the login page, otherwise create a new account on the sign up page.