IDE Window: Diff
The diff tool alows to compare two files or selections of two files. It can create a diff or patch. The comparison is line based (not words or paragraphs). So it only works for text files (sources).
Select the first file to compare. If there is a selection available you can compare only this part of the text.
Select the second file to compare. If there is a selection available you can compare only this part of the text.
- Case sensitive: Distinguish small letters and captials
- Ignore spaces at start of line: Ignore the indenting space when comparing two lines. This includes tab characters.
- Ignore differences in line ends: A unix line ending #10 is the same as a windows line ending #13#10.
- Ignore spaces (newline chars not included): Ignore all spaces. 'A B' is the same as 'AB'.
- Ignore if empty lines were added or removed: Skip empty lines.
- Ignore spaces at end of line: Ignore trailing spaces when comparing two lines.
- Ignore amount of space characters: Any amount of spaces is treated as one space.
Close this dialog.
Open Diff in Editor
Close the dialog and open a new page in the source editor with the diff.
Opens a file dialog to save the diff to a file.