IDE Window: Find/fi
If this dialog is invoked by Ctrl+F or by Search > Find then it the replace buttons and options are disabled.
If this dialog is invoked by Ctrl+R or by Search > Replace then the replace options will be enabled.
- Text to Find
- Replace With
The above two comboboxes contain the last searched texts and replace patterns. Cursor Down will go back in history and fetch the last text to find.
Hint: You can choose, whether the IDE starts the dialog with the word at the cursor in the source editor or with a blank field in Environment -> Editor Options -> General -> Find text at cursor
- Case sensitive - distinguish lower case and upper case (a and A)
- Whole words only - The found text must start at a word start and end at a word end
- Regular Expressions - see IDE regular expressions
- Multi line - not implemented yet
- Prompt on replace - ask before replacing (only enabled if replacing)
- From Cursor - start search at cursor. If direction is forward, it searches till the end of the file
- Entire Scope - If direction is forward it starts searching at the beginning of the file and searches till the end.
- Global - search in whole file
- Selected Text - limit the search to the selected text
Hint: To search multiple files use Search -> Find in files.
- Forward search - search top to bottom. Each line is searched from left to right.
- Backward search - search bottom to top. Each line is searched forward - left to right.