Issues with 2.4.0 release candidates
This page is supposed to contain all issues discovered while testing release candidates and their status. Make sure to include information about the platform where the problem appears (if applicable). Once the issue gets resolved, you should strike it over and add number of SVN revision fixing it. If the revision number refers to a SVN repository different from "fpc" (i.e. "fpcbuild" or "fpcdocs"), include information about the SVN repository too.
cpu-os: IE209101221 while compiling XYZ.pas- r123456
- docs: missing description of XYZ
readme.txt: wrong version number- r654321 (fpcbuild)
Issues with 2.4.0-rc1
- I have found some minor issues in the ref.tex documentation (r617). I have already submitted a few patches and comments to the Mantis bug tracker. Last night I found a few more issues - I'll create more patches for those today. --Ggeldenhuys 07:28, 18 November 2009 (CET)
- Intel Core Duo T5500 - Vista 32 bits -- Inoussa
- readme.txt is not up to date (see line 18 says "FPC 2.2.2", the platforms list does not include Mac OS X on PowerPC64/x86_64/ARM (iPhone) )
- faq.txt is not up to date ( line 152 says "The latest official version is 2.2.4" ).
- html help in the fp IDE : code samples are shown as garbage ( the code samples are visible in the browser though )
- make tests :
- Total = 5098 (34:5064)
- Total number of compilations = 2955 (18:2937)
- Successfully compiled = 2333
- Successfully failed = 604
- Compilation failures = 15
- Compilation that did not fail while they should = 3
- Total number of runs = 2143 (16:2127)
- Successful runs = 2127
- Failed runs = 16
- Known problem persists: win32 installer proposes to install in 2.2.4 directory. (previous install of 2.2.4 on this machine).
4. For FPC 2.4-rc1 sqlite3 stubs has sqlite3_result_cint, sqlite3_result_cint64 insteady of sqlite3_result_int, sqlite3_result_int64, that prevents any application to uses sqlite3 since there is no sqlite3_result_cint entyr on sqlte3 shared library.