Darwin releases of 3.0.0
The releases for iOS and the iphonesim targets will be done from the branches/fixes_3_0_ios branch. The reason is that the AArch64 port was deemed too invasive for merging in the fixes branch at the time it was finished. These compilers with have the 3.0.1 version number.
The installation package with the iOS and iphonesim cross-compilers will contain new fpc, fpcres and fpcmake binaries from the branches/fixes_3_0_ios branch that will overwrite the copies from the Intel 3.0.0 release, in order to add Aarch64 and iphonesim/x86_64 support. Normally, cross-compiler packages do not overwrite these utilities. They will also create ppc386-3.0.1 and ppcx64-3.0.1 symlinks in /usr/local/bin, which can be used via "fpc -V3.0.1" to target the iphonesim targets (the 3.0.1 units are not compatible with the 3.0.0 compilers).
Issues with 3.0.0 release candidates
This page is supposed to contain all issues discovered while testing release candidates and their status. Make sure to include information about the platform where the problem appears (if applicable). Once the issue gets resolved, you should strike it over and add number of SVN revision fixing it. If the revision number refers to a SVN repository different from "fpc" (i.e. "fpcbuild" or "fpcdocs"), include information about the SVN repository too.
- Last change at 32-bit SEH enabling.
Issues with 3.0.0-rc1
Several FreeBSD versions won't have GDB support in the IDE. This item will be updated later with exact targets.Solved. Problem was not changing gdbint.pp but turned out to be a globally installed libbfd installed by some update
- Several installers install .fpm files with references to absolute paths in it.
- make sourcezip (used for GO32v2 and OS/2) is broken for fpmake managed sources:
- everything is cleaned at the beginning of processing of this target, although fpmake.exe is necessary for creation of the source archives
- fpmake building fails with "Can't find unit system used by fpmkunit"; the particular command line contains indeed no path containing the system unit (fpc.exe src/fpmkunit.pp -n -Fu../../rtl -FUunits_bs/os2 -Fu../paszlib/src -Fu../hash/src -Fi../paszlib/src -dNO_UNIT_PROCESS -Fu../libtar/src)
- fpmake fails complaining about a missing manifest file
- fpmake generated source archives contain only source files directly used on the host platform used for their generation; source files used for building the same package for other targets and also files not explicitly listed in the dependencies in fpmake.pp (e.g. all units of the text mode IDE) are missing
text mode installer running under OS/2 doesn't like more than 32 files on one tab (workaround = moving packages from tab "OS/2" to "OS/2-2"); GO32v2 shall be checked as well!The respective workaround committed to trunk in r31669 and r31671 (to be merged!). Permanent solution would require reimplementing one of rather basic classes in FVision...
- text mode IDE breaks the path to the help file index when reading this path from FP.INI if the path contains backslashes (discovered on OS/2, but probably happening on other DOS-like platforms including Win32 as well) - regression compared to FPC 2.6.4
- fpcmkcfg sets a binutils prefix for the JVM target, while it shouldn't. This is fixed in trunk (see below for the revision). With 3.0rc1, you may have to use "-XP" to clear the binutils prefix when targeting the JVM platform (although the OS X release already includes the fpcmkcfg fix, so there it won't be necessary)
- the fpcbuild-3.0.0rc1.zip file extracts binaries with wrong permissions on Windows 7, all binaries in install sub-directories cannot be run on my Windows 7 pro machine (PM).
- i386-win32 installation shows readme.txt by default at the end of installation, but this file has the wrong line-endings (LF only), might be due to the fact that I needed to use the tar.gz source file instead of the zip file to generate the RC1 because of the problem just mentionned before.
- Formal parameter/type compare has an issue in JVM, this is a regression. Jonas has a patch (MVC, mail 2015-08-30).
- make install for cross-compiler jvm on linux (I assume all unixy platforms) tries to install ppcjvm.exe instead of ppcjvm, which obviously fails.
- Florian and Sergei still have to check their RTL commits for possible merges. Several exception handling and lowlevel RTL (startup code etc) fixes I don't know what to do with. ( see Marco's unmerged "rest" page)
Request to merge r31349. This is a fix were a one line overloaded version of scandatetime didn't pass on one of the parameters. (Marco) Ladislav asked to merge r31306 (fix to reporting of mysql error messages. ) Man pages have been added for several additional tools: revisions 1188 till 1191 in trunk.
- Request to merge r30239 (generics internal error) http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=28652 to get generics.collections working. (Marco: important!)
- r31669 and r31671 - see the OS/2 and GO32v2 text mode installer issue mentioned above
Post RC1 merges
1182: simplification of OS X information 1184: extra readme with information on how to use the JVM port 1186: mention JVM and AIX support in the standard readme
31308: accept FPC 3.0 as starting compiler 31372: don't use the binutils prefix when targeting the JVM 31453: support sharing the generated fpc.cfg with FPC 2.x 30862: Fix tests/webtbs/tw28089.pp: removed interactiveness from the test 31475: fix break/continue in finally for win64
- 31451: fix problems with read-only data on ARMHF (http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=28448#c85939 )