Lazarus 2.0 fixes branch
This page contains the revisions to be merged from trunk to the Lazarus 2.0 fixes branch.
These are only fixes made after the branch was created. For other fixes made since the previous release (1.8) see SVN and Lazarus 1.8 fixes branch
Release notes can be found here
- 1 Fixes for 2.0.0RC2
- 2 Roadmap to 2.0.0
- 3 How to merge
- 4 Other branches
Fixes for 2.0.0RC2
Submitted by developer / committer and waiting for testing (do not commit yet)
- r12345 Category(e.g. LCL): EXAMPLE --- TSpeedButton does not respond to pressing, after closing the modal form with a double click. Issue #33874
Submitted by developer / committer, tested, waiting to be merged
- r59041 IDE: Use safe typecast for TProjectCompilationToolOptions when building project.
- r59042 Revert r59006 "IdeIntf: Add API for ExecuteCommand in CompOptsIntf." Must be done better.
- r59043 IdeIntf: A new interface class TLazCompilationToolOptions with a Command and CompileReasons. Issue #34283.
- r59044 IdeIntf: Improve the CompilationTool stuff. Remove and clean code. Issue #34283.
- r59046 LCL-GTK2: Do not truncate Groupbox caption (fix for previous). Issue #32621.
- r59047 LCL-GTK2: Fix TListView column widths. Issue #34044.
- r59081 IDE: Add package name to hints for component palette icons.
- r59083 TFindDialog/TReplaceDialog: show dialog poScreenCenter in IDE; fix irratic behaviour of TReplaceDialog in IDE (wrong parent). Issue #0034297.
- r59085 LCL: Improved layout of TFindDialog and TReplaceDialog, fix TabOrder.
Merged revisions for 2.0.0RC2
- r59016 LCL-GTK2: Do not truncate Groupbox caption. Issue #32621
- r59018 LCL-GTK2: Fix TStaticText Width with Autosize. Issue #21877
- r59030 TValueListEditor: fix DeleteRow Issue #0034208.
- r59031 TFindDialog: fix setting Top/Left. Issue #0033528.
- r59032 TCommondialog: do not publish Widht/Height properties. Issue #0033480. Patch by AlexeyT.
- r59048 TFindDialog: slight improvement on r59031.
- r59049 TFindDialog: use Position := poMainFormCenter in CalcPosition instead of trying to calculate that by ourselves. Patch by Serge Anvarov.
- r59050 TFindDialog: save FFindForm position upon close.
- r59064 Opkman: Bug fix: remove package compiling restriction.
- r59066 IDE: clean up
- r59077 IDE: fixed abstract method
- r59079 IDE: less hints
Roadmap to 2.0.0
The release process will consist of the following steps.
- Creation of the SVN 2.0 fixes branch. (Done 15 Sep 2018)
This is the start of the stabilization process before a new Lazarus release.
- Release of 2.0.0 RC 1 (ToDo )
This will be the first Release Candidate. We would like to urge all users to test this version.
The testing period is scheduled to last 2 weeks.
- Release of 2.0.0 RC 2 (ToDo )
- Release of Lazarus 2.0 (ToDo)
Users can download the new stable version.
- Menu item exists
- Clear pcp directory and start IDE, a new project application with a form should be visible
- Double click on form - a FormCreate event should be created
- Check View / IDE internals / What needs building - no package should need building, only the project
- Restart the IDE - there should be no warning about upgrading
- Install the package cody, after restart the component palette should show the component TCodyTreeView
- SVN merge requests of this page
- Set version in fixes_2_0 branch
- open lazarus/lazarus.lpi in the IDE and change the version numbers in the project options dialog 184.108.40.206 for RC1, 220.127.116.11 for RC2, 18.104.22.168 for RC3, 22.214.171.124 for final
- lazarus/ide/version.inc 2.0.0RC1 for RC1, no spaces! (2.0.0 for final release)
- lazarus/lcl/lclversion.pas 126.96.36.199 for RC1, 188.8.131.52 for RC2, ... 184.108.40.206 for final
- lazarus/debian/changelog 2.0.0-1 for RC1, 2.0.0-2 for RC2, ... 2.0.0-4 for final
- CFBundleShortVersionString "2.0.0"
- CFBundleVersion 1 for RC1, 2 for RC2, 3 for RC3, 4 for final release
- tools/install/linux/environmentoptions.xml same as version.inc
- tools/install/win/environmentoptions.xml same as version.inc
- tools/install/macos/environmentoptions.xml same as version.inc
- check lpl files by running "./tools/lplupdate -c" and do the svn mv commands
- Update makefiles: Make sure Additions and Overrides are empty and run
FPCDIR=/path/to/fpc/src/trunk PATH=/path/trunk/fpc/utils/fpcm/bin/x86_64-linux/:$PATH ./tools/updatemakefiles
- svn commit
- Tag fixes_2.0 branch to tags/release_2_0_0_RC1 (or tags/lazarus_2_0_0 for final release)
svn copy svn+ssh://svn.freepascal.org/FPC/svn/lazarus/branches/fixes_2_0 svn+ssh://svn.freepascal.org/FPC/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_2_0_0_RC1 -m 'tagged 2.0.0RC1 as tags/lazarus_2_0_0_RC1'
- Set version to next version in svn
- Create new section on this page and move waiting merge requests to the new section