Online Package Manager
- 1 About
- 2 Using the package manager
Online Package Manager is a tool that automates the process of installing, upgrading, configuring Lazarus packages. The packages are stored in the main repository as zip files, along with a JSON file. The JSON contains all necessary information about the packages. On request the packages are downloaded/extracted/installed into the IDE.
System Requirements / Dependencies
- FPC 3.0.0 or newer
- Lazarus 1.6.0 or newer
- These versions were available at the time of writing this update.
- Tested on the following widgeset: win32/64, gtk2, carbon, qt(win)
- The package manager does not depend on any external package
- Create a directory for the components, such as "($LazarusDir)\components\onlinepackagemanager"
- In this directory, extract the zip file
- Open lazarus
- Open the package "onlinepackagemanager.lpk" from the main folder with Lazarus Menu-->Package-->Open package file (.lpk)
- Click Compile then Install
Using the package manager
Go to Lazarus Menu-->Package-->Online Package Manager. On startup the package manager will automatically download a list with available repository packages, the list is displayed in a tree.
Filter the tree/Locate a package
You can filter the package list by:
- Package file(.lpk)-->a repository package can contain multiple lpk files
- Package category
- Package status
- Lazarus compatibility
- FPC compatibility
- Supported widget sets
Operation with packages
Refresh package list
Press the "Refresh" button to update the package list.
Check one or more package then press the "Download" button. This will download/extract the packages to a preselected directory. Nothing gets installed. Useful when you want to install the packages manually.
Install a package
Check one or more package then press the "Install" button. The package manager will automatically download/extract/compile/install the selected packages, then rebuild the IDE if necessary(Designtime/Designtime_and_runtime packages). Confirm the rebuild by clicking the "Yes" button. Please note: The compile feature is only available in Lazarus 1.7+.
Update a package
Check one or more package then press the "Update" button. The package manager will update the selected packages from the maintainer's homepage(if available). Please note: downloading/installing packages from external link is not without a risk. Only update the package if you trust the package maintainer.
Cleanup local repository
This operation will delete all non-installed packages/archives from the local repository.To cleanup the local repository press the "Cleanup" button.
Create repository package
To create a repository package press "Create repository package" item, then:
- select the package main directory(package manager will recursively search for all package files inside the folder)
- select the packages you wish to include
- choose a category
- adjust package info if necessary(lazarus/fpc compatibility, supported widgetset, etc)
- press the create button
The whole process should take no longer then 1-2 min/ package. If all goes well you should get a zip and a json file. Upload somewhere the files and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Every package will be accepted after a short check(malware, license, etc). Multiple versions of the same package is also allowed.
To display the options dialog press the "Options" button.