TAChart is the principal component of a TeeChart-like charting framework for Lazarus offered under an LGPL licence. It contains functions developed by Philippe Martinole for his TeleAuto project which were revised extensively by Luis Rodrigues when porting the Epanet application from Delphi to Lazarus. Alexander Klenin rewrote and exapnded much of the code, and is the current maintainer.
Most of TAChart features are demonstrated by examples located in (Lazarus Install Dir)/components/tachart/demo/ Some classes and properties are documented by FPDoc. TAChart documentation contains high-level description of most of TAChart concepts and features.
For beginners, following tutorials may be helpful:
- TAChart Tutorial: Getting started;
- TAChart Tutorial: ListChartSource, Logarithmic Axis, Fitting.
- TAChart Tutorial: Userdefined ChartSource
- TAChart Tutorial: Dual y axis, Legend
- TAChart Tutorial: Multiple Panes in one Chart
- TAChart Tutorial: Function Series
- TAChart Tutorial: Chart Tools
The rendering may be improved with another library :
- 15+ different series, including pie, bar, area, line and point series
- Function series with domain support
- Unlimited number of series, points and axises on a graph
- Flexible chart sources, including design-time editable, random, dynamic and db-aware sources.
- Graph legend, title and footer
- Axis labels and marks, manually set or auto-generated
- Axis inversion, independent scale and offset, logarithmic scale
- Interactive tools, including zoom, panning and crosshairs
- Automatic or manual graph limits
- Smart marks drawing
- Easily extensible with new series types
- Output to SVG, OpenGL, printer, WMF, AggPas, BGRABitmap, fpvectorial
- Can be used in non-GUI applications, such as web services
- In active development, see roadmap
Here is an example of TAChart displaying a Line Series, Bar Series and Pie Series
The latest stable release can be found in the Lazarus SVN repository (the components are on the Chart Tab in Lazarus).