fcl-pdf getting started tutorial
The fcl-pdf package contains a PDF generating unit fppdf that does not depend on any external libraries.
The PDF generator has the following features:
- Support for basic shapes.
- Support for basic line styles.
- Dictionary support.
- Multi-page PDF.
- Image support.
- TTF Font support.
- Font embedding (whole font embedding and subset support).
- Unicode font support.
- Stream Compression.
- Image embedding.
- Several paper types.
- Support for multiple units.
- Rotation matrix system.
- PDF creator information.
- Output validates by several PDF validators.
Please take a look at the fcl-pdf/examples/testfppdf.lpr project included with FPC's source code. It was purposely designed to help explain how to use the fcl-pdf package. Each page of that demo is defined in a separate method to help remove clutter, and explain the usage and functionality in smaller chucks of code.