gir2pascal is a program to convert gobject-introspection (*.gir) xml files into into pascal files which can be compiled (hopefully) without modification.
More information about gobject-introspection technology can be found here: http://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection
Some of the features of gir2pascal are:
- Converts the .gir file used as an argument into a .pas file
- Also converts any .gir files required into .pas files.
- GObject's are mapped to pascal objects(not classes) for easier use.
- Creating an instance of an object is done through Foo := TSomeGObjectType.new(Parameters).
- Can currently generate bindings for gtk3, glib2, atk1, pango1 and webkit without the resulting files needing to be modified to be compiled and linked.
- Many other .gir files may work as well
- Can create test units that help verify the conversion is correct.
Some limitations in generated code
- The objects are just memory mapped to the C structs that are allocated. The pascal new and dispose functions cannot be used with them.
- The objects created cannot wrap the c varargs methods. However the flat functions with varargs are availableas before.
gir2pascal is currently being used to generate the Gtk+3 bindings for pascal.
Email: (andrewd207 at aol dot com)
If you find this program useful you can donate with paypal here.
You can download the source from svn
svn co https://lazarus-ccr.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lazarus-ccr/applications/gobject-introspection gir2pascal
Or alternatively you can browse the source here