From Free Pascal wiki
Deutsch (de) │
English (en) │
- Destroy releases the storage space (an object).
- Free checks whether the object reference is nil. If the object reference is not nil, the storage space (the object) is released. This procedure prevents exceptions when releasing the storage space.
- Nil deletes the reference to an object. Note: The object should be released beforehand, otherwise so-called memory leaks occur.
- FreeAndNil works like Free and afterwards sets the object reference (the pointer) to nil.
- Dispose releases the memory for typed pointers that were created with New.
- FreeMem releases the memory for untyped pointers that were created with GetMem.