End of Line
From Free Pascal wikiJump to navigationJump to search
English (en) │
suomi (fi) │
русский (ru) │
LineEnding is end of line marker. This constant (system unit) is used when writing end of lines to text files. In other words, it starts a new line.
End of line markers
(Better/also known as line ending characters)
- Line feed (LF, #10 ): Linux, macOS, BSDs, Unix
- Carriage return + Line feed (CRLF, #13#10): Microsoft Windows
- Carriage return (CR, #13): Mac OS Classic
macOS often accepts Line feed and Carriage return.
- LineEnding Constant describing the current line ending character.
- SetTextLineEnding Set the end-of-line character for the given text file.
- sLineBreak is an alias for LineEnding and is supplied for compatibility.