IDE Window: Editor Options General Misc
English (en) │
This is part of the online help for the IDE.
It describes the section: "Editor" / "General" / "Misc". You can open the described dialog in your IDE via:
- The menu: "Tools" => "Options" / Editor options ...
- The source-editor pop-up menu: "Editor properties ...
- 1 Misc Options
- 2 Options from older IDE versions that where moved
Show special characters
Spaces are shown as dots and invalid characters as question marks.
Copy word on copy none
If nothing is selected and user presses Copy (Ctrl-C), the editor selects the word and copy that. Same for cutting.
Trim trailing spaces
Spaces at the end of lines will be trimmed and not saved. This applies only to edited lines.
Trim spaces style
Defines how aggressive spaces are trimmed. SynEdit allows to enter "uncommitted" spaces at the end of line, so you can continue typing as usual. If SynEdit deems those spaces no longer needed it will trim them.
- Leave Line: This is the default, SynEdit will keep all spaces on the line where the caret is. If the caret moves to another lines, spaces are trimmed.
- Line Edited: In Addition to leaving the line Synedit will also remove any space on the right of the caret, if the line is edited. If you type spaces on the end of line, they will be left of the caret and not affected.
- Caret or Edit: This is the most aggressive mode, in addition to "Line Edited" it will also trim Spaces right to the caret, if you move horizontal (Caret-left at the end of line acts similar to backspace)
- Position Only: No spaces or tabs are inserted past the end of line. Only the caret is moved (and forced past EOL). If text is typed, the gap is always filled with spaces.
- This means tabs are lost (converted to space). Hence auto-indent "copy tabs" does not work in this mode
- Because you are "past the EOL", smart unindent does neither work in this mode
In any of those cases spaces you typed at the end of line will not be saved to a file. Read more about trailing spaces
You may want to look at "End key jumps to nearest start". This allows you to keep spaces while editing, yet jump to the visible end of line.
Copy/Paste with fold info
copying/pasting text within the IDE will remember if text was folded when copied, and (if possible) restore the folds on paste.
Find text at cursor
When invoking the 'Find' dialog, fetch the word at the cursor and put it into the Find field.
Source notebook tab position
This specifies on which edge of the editor the notebook tabs will appear. NOTE: This is a widgetset specific setting. Under different widgetsets the behaviour is completely different.
Options from older IDE versions that where moved
Alt-Key sets column mode
See the mouse configuration instead. IDE_Window:_Editor_Options_Mouse
See Multi Window