Why do you think that patches for TDBF won't be accepted? Since there is no maintainer, bugs won't be fixed anymore by a fixed person, but patches can be accepted, if they have a minimal quality.Vincent 12:23, 19 March 2012 (CET)
That's what I remembered from the discussion on Mantis... glad to be proven wrong. Thanks for the heads up; I'll correct the page...--BigChimp 15:51, 19 March 2012 (CET)
Changing source to syntaxhighlight
Hi BigChimp, can you tell me, what is the reason of the change from "source" to "syntaxhighlight" in topic File Handling In Pascal? My browser shows it identical.
Thank you --Michl 23:28, 1 August 2014 (CEST)
- All the other pages use it as well, and IIRC the differences are that syntaxhihglight is better supported (IIRC, again) and it also allows other languages (SQL, bash etc).--BigChimp 08:51, 2 August 2014 (CEST)
- See also http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi#Alternative_.3Csource.3E_tag
- Thanks for the explanation. I understand it as a general question of syntax highlightning. I'll try to keep that in mind in the future.
- --Michl 14:14, 3 August 2014 (CEST)
I find your edit very disturbing, because it is supposed to be under contributions, not under tutorials. Will maybe do such a thing later. The code part is an example that everyone can compile to illustrate the power of KOL. The page is about what you can do with it.
Please reverse/undo your work. It doesn't make any sense. Furthermore, KOL perse is much more important than an un-maintained subject about KOL-CE. Granted, it has value - albeit incorrect - , but nothing compared to the value KOL itself has.
I am really angry about this. Now it looks like KOL_CE is more imporant the KOL itself. It isn't. It is old and unmaintained. KOL itself IS maintained and since this summer 64bit capable.
Thaddy (KOL nbr 2 in the hierarchy, just below the supreme ruler)
- Hi Thaddy, I think there may be a misunderstanding? If you look at the pages in the Tutorials category, you'll see that it contains pages that have code examples that everyone can compile and demonstrates how to solve a problem or use a product.
- That's what your page demonstrates, right? It doesn't mean that the page IS ONLY a tutorial, it's just grouped under tutorials to make it easier to find.
- Please feel free to add more categories that you think are useful (edit: like Components). No idea what you mean with "contributions"? Is that a category?
- I have no idea what you are on about regarding KOL-CE; IIRC I just made one edit on the KOL page which was the category. (Edit: found out there's a KOL-CE page. I'm not in the edit history. At least not for years) If you think something is not correct (including the category), please remove it yourself.
- Anyway, thanks for posting here and discussing this in advance.
- As you can hopefully see I meant absolutely no harm and only wanted to make it easier for people to find and use the information.
- Regards,--BigChimp 16:31, 8 September 2014 (CEST)
- I understand. I will try to re-arrange some things regarding to KOL. It is also relevant for Lazarus users, not only FPC, because MCK works in Lazarus now.
- Regards, --Thaddy 17:26, 8 September 2014 (CEST)
- Now apologize and in future check your facts before accusing people. Thanks very much.
- Regards, --BigChimp 17:29, 8 September 2014 (CEST)