On this page you can add general site feedback. If your comments are about one page, you can also use the corresponding talk page for your feedback.
Wiki Categories not updating
There are a number of pages in the Wiki that are categorised but do not show up in any of the categories. For example:
1. https://wiki.freepascal.org/Cocoa_Internals/Forms 2. https://wiki.freepascal.org/Add_an_Apple_Help_Book_to_your_macOS_app 3. https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/FreeBSD_Programming_Tips
The above issue is not a "caching" issue. The pages show up in Special Pages Uncategorised despite the categories.
- The nightly job to update the categories was failing. I fixed that. I have no idea what else I could do.
- Jonas (talk)
Checking with my mate Google shows this issue has existed for years with MediaWiki :( The solution which seems to work, other than rebuilding the entire thing, seems to be running the refreshLinks.php script which I assume means having command line access to the system. The cause seems to be adding categories AFTER having created the page - category not updated. Whereas, adding the category AT THE TIME of page creation - category is updated. Trev (talk) 11:50, 21 July 2019 (CEST)
- I have shell access to the server, but not right now. It will have to wait until next week Sunday.
- Jonas (talk)
"If you have any problems, please notify the site administrator" <<-- the link to poor Tom is way out of date - he says he has not been the Admin since the days when the Wiki was on Sourceforge.
- Add some kind of chapters/tree/index on the main page, searching for various documents is harder without it.
- You could add a few links on the main Lazarus website to various sections in the Lazarus-CCR(Component and Code Repository) like Components, Examples, Online Docs, Tutorials.
- The Components section should contain various components that are not used for "normal" programming or have similar behaviour to existing IDE components, maybe also platform specific components that can not be implemented in a CrossPlaform fashion.
- The Examples section should contain as many useful examples as possible, many people report that examples made them appreciate the "power" of other RAD tools like Delphi/Kylix, C++Builder, JBuilder and even Visual Basic, so i think examples will also help the Lazarus project too in becomeing the most widely used tool by OpenSource and Commercial software developers.
- The Online Docs section should contain FCL, LCL, IDE, Compiler, Classes organisation and description, various popular API calls, even some OS specific calls.
- The Tutorials section is one of the most important parts for productivity, it should cover various aspects of programming ranging from Console, GUI, Database, Component Design, IDE/Compiler Enhancing to Hardware I/O and even Multimedia, 3D Graphics, Audio, Game Design.
- The IDE could also have some links in the Help menu.
- The documentation of RTL, FCL and LCL could contain hints on dependencies of functions which will only work after other specific functions have been called (for example: "InitKeyboard" has to be called before "PollKeyEvent" can work as suggested). Otherwise it could be difficult to track errors down using the documentation provided.
- The lazarus documentation is located on the lazarus subversion on the directory lazarus/docs. The RTL and FCL documentation is located at http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcdocs/trunk/. It is composed of XML files. Please send a patch improving the documentation in the way you suggested and it will be applied.
Nowhere on the main site is something written about contact via IRC or something.
- It is a bit hidden, but is there: http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=47
- The link is now dead. --LV 16:29, 28 January 2016 (CET)
- I hope you don't mind that I linked from the WikiIndex ( http://wikiindex.org/Free_Pascal_wiki ) to this wiki. --DavidCary 06:25, 2 July 2007 (CEST)
- Site about IRC and links to Webchat contains links to the webchat for both lazarus and freepascal
Please, please, please get rid of the animated gif logo! I can't read the page with that thing never stopping.
- You can get rid of the animated gif logo by logging in and choosing a different skin under My Pages | Preferences | Appearance. I use the Cologne Blue skin and it looks and works fine.
- You can also flag it with AdBlock - this seems to get rid of it from any site that uses it.
- easiest: use wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org instead of wiki.freepascal.org : http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Site_Feedback - Arent (talk) 13:00, 22 September 2016 (CEST)
Is this still alive? Any changes to get update for the mediawiki engine, the editor is so much developed  since the version in use in this wiki. Also something like  might be handy for indexing ie. FPC category with lots of cluttered subcategories. --LV 15:51, 28 January 2016 (CET)
$wgDefaultSkin = "vector";
mediawiki:helppage should point to Help:Contents instead of default https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Help:Contents - Arent (talk) 12:25, 23 September 2016 (CEST)