IDE Window: Find or Rename identifier
This dialog requires to place the cursor in the source editor on an identifier. When opened the source editor will first jump to the declaration of the identifier then show the dialog. Hint: You can jump back via Search / Jump Back.
Setup the search options and start the search. A progress window will popup up with a button to abort. When the search finished the Search Results window will open presenting the result. If the identifier was renamed the result will be empty.
In the caption of the groupbox the searched identifier is shown. In the listbox below the unit and include files of the declaration is presented, so you can make sure, the right identifier is replaced.
Set here the name of the new identifier.
Note: This will be disabled if the identifier is only visible in the current unit. For example when it is a private or local variable.
- in current unit - search only in the current source editor file
- in main project - search in all files of the current project (i.e. all files listed in the project inspector)
- in project/package owning current unit - first search the project/package to which this file belong, then replace in all files of this project/package.
- in all open projects and packages - as above, but search also in all depending projects/packages.
In any case the IDE will always skip binary files (using the FileIsText function).
Additional files to search
Specify here additional files to search. You can give multiple files and directories separated by semicolon. Macros are allowed and wild masks * and ? are allowed in the last part of the file name. Relative paths are expanded with the project directory. Examples:
- *.pas;*.pp: search in all files pas and pp files in the project directory.
- $(LazarusDir)/ide: search in all pascal sources in the directory /your/path/to/lazarus/sources/ide
- folder: search in all pascal sources in the projects sub directory folder
Search in comments too
The codetools will replace the identifier in all comments as well.