FPC New Features 2.4.2
From Free Pascal wiki
About this page
Below you can find a list of new features introduced since the previous release, along with some background information and examples.
For-in loop support
- Overview: for-in loops allow for easy iterating over the contents of a container type, as well as over some primitive types (arrays, strings, sets) using a uniform syntax.
- Notes: The basic implementation is Delphi-compatible, but in addition FPC also supports some extra functionality. This functionality is described on the page below.
- More information: for-in_loop
Sealed and Abstract classes
- Overview: A sealed class is a class which can not be inherited by other classes. An abstract class normally cannot be instantiated, but for compatibility with Delphi abstract does nothing at the moment.
- Notes: Delphi-compatible.
- More information: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/tests/test/tabstract1.pp