TAChart is the principal component of a TeeChart-like charting framework for Lazarus offered under an LGPL licence. TeeChart is the charting component installed with recent Delphi versions.
It contains functions developed by Philippe Martinole for his TeleAuto project which were revised extensively by Luis Rodrigues when porting the Epanet application from Delphi to Lazarus. Alexander Klenin rewrote and expanded much of the code, and is its current maintainer.
Many features of TAChart are demonstrated in examples installed at (Lazarus Install Dir)/components/tachart/demo/. See TAChart Demos for a short description and screenshots.
Some TAChart classes and properties have been provided with FPDoc documentation (accessed via [F1] in the IDE).
An overview of most of TAChart's concepts and features can be found in the TAChart documentation.
For beginners, the following tutorials may be helpful:
- TAChart Tutorial: Getting started;
- TAChart Tutorial: ListChartSource, Logarithmic Axis, Fitting.
- TAChart Tutorial: Userdefined ChartSource
- TAChart Tutorial: BarSeries
- TAChart Tutorial: Stacked BarSeries
- TAChart Tutorial: Dual y axis, Legend
- TAChart Tutorial: Multiple Panes in one Chart
- TAChart Tutorial: Function Series
- TAChart Tutorial: ColorMapSeries, Zooming
- TAChart Tutorial: Chart Tools
- TAChart Tutorial: Background design
- TAChart Runtime FAQ
The rendering may be improved with another library :
- More than 15 different series, including pie, bar, area, line and point series
- Function series with domain support
- No limit to the number of series, points or axes on a graph
- Flexible chart sources, including design-time editing, and random, dynamic and database-aware sources.
- Graph legend, title and footer
- Axis labels and marks can be set manually or auto-generated
- Axis inversion, independent scale and offset, logarithmic scale
- Interactive tools, including zoom, panning and crosshairs
- Automatic or manual graph limits
- Smart marks drawing
- Easily extensible with new custom series
- Output to SVG, OpenGL, printer, WMF, AggPas, BGRABitmap, fpvectorial
- Can be used in non-GUI applications, such as web services
- Being actively developed, see roadmap
Here is an example of TAChart displaying a Line Series, Bar Series and Pie Series
The latest stable release can be found in the Lazarus SVN repository (the components are on the Chart Tab in Lazarus).